SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
Individual or group renting (hereinafter referred to as Lessee) and Owner agree to the following concerning the short term rental of the property located at 8051 Meadowridge Drive in The Villages of Seven Springs.
Terms of the agreement:
1. Term of Rental: Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, the Rental Period shall begin at 4 pm on Check-In date and expires at 11 am on Check-Out date.
2. Agreement Acceptance: Your signature and acceptance of this agreement or payment is evidence of your acceptance of this agreement. This agreement may not be assigned by Lessee and the Lessee may not sublet the premises. Lessee acknowledges and understands that he/she is subject to “Expedited Eviction” by which the Rental Period shall be terminated immediately and no refunds will be given for unused rent if Lessee (1) Commits a material breach of this Short Term Rental Agreement or (2) Obtains possession of the property by fraud or misrepresentation.
3. Rental Fee and Cleaning Fee: The Rental Fee shall include the use of the furnished unit, its contents, and paid utilities. A per stay Cleaning Fee is also required. Fees not paid by 4:00 pm on the 7th day past invoice due date will be considered as a cancellation by guest and will be subject to section “5. Cancellations” below.
4. Security/Damage Deposit: Lessee agrees to buy damage protection insurance (if offered) when booking the dates or to pay a security/damage deposit as specified on booking site. Should the security/damage deposit not cover the damages, Lessees agree to be responsible for any and all additional amounts applicable. The deposit is not applied towards rent; however, it is fully refundable within 14 days upon return of all keys to the unit, provided the following provisions are met:
5. Cancellations: Unless stated otherwise in listing site, all Rental Fees are refundable as follows for cancellations notice in regard to Check-In date:
6. Occupancy Limits: The maximum occupancy of this unit is seven (7) persons. Lessee agrees to limit the occupants to this maximum number and to be responsible for any damages done by any person occupying this unit during the Term of Rental.
7. Prohibited Activities: All disruptive behavior such as excessive noise and illegal activity are strictly prohibited within the unit and community areas. Lessee shall not use, occupy or permit the described premises or any part thereof to be used or occupied for any unlawful, illegal, immoral or hazardous purpose. Lessee agrees and acknowledges full responsibility for Lessee and all guests and occupants identified on this agreement and otherwise permitted entry into the unit.
8. Fires: This unit has a gas fireplace. Lessee agrees to never put anything in or near the fire and to never leave the fire unattended while lit. The fireplace must be set to off and all fires extinguished before sleeping or leaving the unit. The fireplace screens must be closed and the glass fireplace doors must be open at all times while a fire is lit. CO2 detectors and other fire alarms may not be moved, tampered with or unplugged by the Lessee.
9. Personal Items: Lost or forgotten items are the responsibility of the Lessee. Owner assumes no responsibility for these items, but will assist Lessee in the recovery and return of the items at the Lessee’s expense.
10. Ski Equipment: All ski boots shall be removed in the entry only. Absolutely no skis, snow boards, or bicycles permitted indoors. There is a locked ski closet to store your equipment in the vestibule of the unit.
11. Off-Limit Areas: All locked interior doors are off limits to Lessees.
12. Additional Items: Lessee agrees and acknowledges that construction may be ongoing at this or adjoining or nearby properties and that Owner is not responsible for any objectionable noise or activity related to the same.
13. Indemnity: Lessee agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Owner from and against any liability for personal injury or property damage sustained by any person as a result of any cause or failure of Owner to comply with any governing law or statutes unless caused by negligent or willful act of Owner or the Owner’s assigned representative. Lessee agrees that Owner or its agents may enter the premises during reasonable hours upon reasonable notice to Lessee to inspect the premises, to make such repairs, alterations or improvements thereto as Owner may deem appropriate, or to show the unit to prospective purchasers or Lessees.
14. Venue: This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Any dispute with regard to this agreement shall be resolved in the Court of Common Pleas of Washington County, the personal jurisdiction of which is acknowledged.
By accepting this agreement, I (we) swear that I am (we are) at least twenty-one (21) years of age. I (we) also agree to abide by the above conditions and hereby swear that the information provided is true.